Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The View: My Brush With Fame

If you happened to watch The View last Thursday, you would have seen me right before a commercial break, announcing James Pickens Jr. as the next guest, right next to Vanessa Williams!

Let me start at the beginning. Spice signed up be an audience member on The View a few years ago. She was finally issued four tickets and brought me and two other friends. What a pal!



We were all so excited and showed up to the taping in bright, solid colors with big smiles! We waited in line and after about a half an hour, they let us inside, where we showed them our id's (and they noticed I was from Washington State) and were then passed through a metal detector. As we were waiting in the hallway to get into the studio, one of the interns came up to me, remembering I was from Washington. He said I MAY be selected to do a short promo. Well color me excited! He told me I was on a standby list, so I figured I wouldn't actually be doing anything.



Eventually, we were brought into the studio, where we got front row seats! The studio was actually smaller than I thought it would be. The main table and chairs were all set up for the women to come sit in. After an MC riled up the crowd a bit, the women came out and the show started! The women were all beautiful, but it was interesting to watch the makeup people rush in at every commercial break!



At the first or second commercial break, one of the producers came up to me (I was on the aisle) and asked if I was 'Allison from Washington'. He proceeded to inform me that I would be doing a commercial lead in with Joy! He also handed me a script, which I had to practice several times in front of the girls. =)

At the next commercial break, the producer came back to get me and put me on a landing right below where I was sitting. He then told little, ol' me that Vanessa Williams (who was filling in for Barbara Walters) would be doing it with me.

My response: "I'm sorry, s-s-sir. I m-m-must've got d-d-deaf for a second. WHAT?!"



Ms. Williams came up a few seconds later and introduced herself.

I died a little bit inside.

Then I mumbled something about '"hello".

Then they started shooting and Ms. Williams introduced me as Allison from Washington and I read from the teleprompter.



Then the aliens put me back into my body and I went and sat back down next to Spice.

And as if that wasn't awesome enough, L.L. Cool J came on. And Spice melted next to me. During his interview, L.L. did bicep curls with Elisabeth, Joy and Sherri. L.L kept licking his lips and being gorgeous. I wasn't sure the day could get any better!



All in all, it was a great morning! And what an experience for my first TV taping! Spice and I had a wonderful time and are ready to sign up for other shows now!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You look gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We taped it and watched it, giddily, about 42 times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I watched it once. It's hard to watch yourself!

    ReplyDelete