Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cookies


So my friend Kali is in China. I am both sad and happy about this situation. I am happy because she is dancing professionally in a show called "Hollywood to Broadway"! And of course I am sad that my friend is gone until February. Those are enough emotions for now.

I got to Skype with Kali on Monday night, which was a blessing to see her face and hear her voice. I also got together a package to send her in China. I was shocked to hear that she hasn't recieved any packages yet! When I got to FedEx on Wednesday morning, I immediately figured out why people haven't been sending her goodies left and right. Gosh darn it, its so expensive!

When Spice's boyfriend was in India, she mailed him a package via the USPS and it had been opened and things were stolen by the time he got it. So, of course, I went the FedEx route. Needless to say, unfortunately Kali wont be getting many more packages from moi cause my wallet just can't do it! Boo.

Kali's favorite cookies are snickerdoodles, so of course I had to make her some! I have always heard about this recipe from AllRecipes.com and how great it is. They did taste good, but they didn't have the snickerdoodle appearance I was going for. I like my snickerdoodles flat and dense. These were more round, but still tasted very good! They might've had an odd shape because the dough stayed in the refrigerator overnight...ooops!

Snickerdoodle Cookies
Allrecipes.com

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.

Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls. Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment