Friday, October 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies


It's opening night of Candide! Finally. It has definitely been a grueling rehearsal process. If you know the show at all, you are probably wondering what a dancer is doing in the show. I am here to tell you that our show should be re-titled "Allison Acts Like an Idiot". I don't do much dancing in the show, but I do run around on stage with a toy boat, dress in a pirate outfit and hold a gondola and don a boa, feather mask and 80's prom dress. Yes, every time I come offstage, I say "there was 'Allison Acts Like an Idiot, Part 533' for the night."

I still don't really understand Candide. Apparently it began as an opera. One of the other dancers turns to me in every scene and says "What's this show about again?!" We can't help but get the giggles every time. Very professional.

So, what am I most excited for about this show? The cast party! Duh!

We have been in rehearsals every night this week and I have been getting home between midnight and 1 am. And then getting up for Nutcracker rehearsals pretty darn early. In pure Sugar fashion, however, I got home around 12:30 am and immediately started work on some peanut butter cup brownies for the party tonight. Now, that is dedication! Plus I made it to ballet this morning, too! *Pat on the back for me.

These brownies were great! Very fudgy and peanut buttery. Good thing they are not staying in the apartment, or I would definitely eat them all up!

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
My Baking Addiction

8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 bag mini peanut butter cups, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13 baking pan with cooking spray.

Microwave chocolate chips and butter in microwave for about 45 seconds. If not mostly melted, microwave for 20 more seconds. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder and espresso powder. Set aside.

Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and salt until combined.

Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in the flour until just combined. Fold chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups into batter.

Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly and level the surface with a rubber spatula. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- could those brownies BE any better looking? (I'm being Chandler!) Seriously, what a good idea to put PB cups in brownies. I'm bookmarking this- but I need to make it for someone else, because I, too, would eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you put these on your baking list when you're here? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell you how amazing you and these brownie are. Out of my aversion to anything coffee flavored I changed the espresso to another tablespoon of cocoa but everyone, and I mean everyone, loved the heck out of these things and the White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies.

    ReplyDelete