Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chocolate m&m Cookies


Oh yeah. I have a blog.

Its been too long since I've last posted! And it's almost Halloween! Eeek!

In my defense, Candide closed! So there had to be appropriate celebrations. And I've been getting ready for our Halloween party we're throwing on Friday! Woot! So get yourself ready, seat belt on, for a bunch of spooky recipes for the next week or so!

To start, may I offer some Chocolate M&M Cookies?

Funny story: So M&M, or the Mars company I believe, thought it would be brilliant to package their "Halloween M&Ms" with black (duh), orange (obviously), green (get out of town) and purple (are you nuts?!). So, brainchild that I am, I got 3 packages of M&Ms for this recipe and proceeded to pick out all the purple and green M&Ms. Why, might you ask, did I not just walk over to the M&M store across the street and pick out the colors I wanted? Because, I say, I would have paid around $20, whereas at Duane Reade I paid a good $5. Brilliant.

These cookies were first to be finished for the festivities this weekend. They turned out great! One trick I learned from the original blogger was to save some of the M&M's and press three into the top of the cookie after you roll it into a ball and press it down a bit. These little buggers are very chocolaty and look great with orange and black M&Ms. Mwahahahaha!

In other news, my camera is on a downward spiral. He (yeah, he's a male) doesn't want to focus on anything when I take pictures. Poor little guy. He had a good run of it though, I've had him since freshman year in college.

Chocolate M&M Cookies
Beantown Baker

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cup M&M candies

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.

Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Gradually beat in flour mixture in two or three additions. Stir in M&Ms with a wooden spoon.

(I refrigerated my dough here for about 24 hours.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pick up a large tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten slighty with your hand and place three M&Ms on the top. Place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with all dough. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment