Friday, October 22, 2010

You are NOT ready...

Look at this. I made this. Believe it. This my friends is homemade focaccia bread. I know it has been awhile since I have posted about my bread making adventures, and truth be told it's because I am lazy. These recipes do not only take about 2 days to complete, they also take about 2 hours to type up! So if you really want to know how to make it, I have to refer you back to the best book ever.



Taking this bad boy out of the oven was definitely one of those, 'Wow I did good!' moments. It was lovely and brown and full of olive oil goodness. I made this guy into a gorgeous strata (which I will get to I promise) and a pizza. Plus there was plenty left over for snacking.  I will be making this bread for years to come, it may take 2 days but it is well worth it!



To my lovely WWer's, this bread is a total splurge, 3 measly ounces is a whopping 8 points (its all the oil that goes on top). But if there ever was an excuse to break into your extra weekly points this is it!

1 comment:

  1. You are right; that book is A MAZ ING. It has the B.E.S.T. homemade pizza dough recipe I have EVER sunk my teeth into. I don't even look at others.

    ReplyDelete