Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Alice's Tea Cup



This weekend we had a bridal shower for Rebecca. She is getting married in April and this little shindig is getting so close! As bridesmaids, Spice and I are in on all the action! Yes! And I get to make cookies for the wedding favors. Can't WAIT to get started on that!



We had the shower at a place here in the city called Alice's Tea Cup. I just had to share with my blog because this place was so special! When you first walk in, you see their bakery, where they have all kinds of oversized cupcakes, giant cookies and teas. You can also purchase Alice related products like books and mugs. Everything was just so dainty!

We had the back party room all set up with balloons and favors at each place. After Rebecca arrived, they brought out about 8 different kinds of teas for the table. The tops of each teapot had these adorable little ceramic animals. I couldn't help marveling over them!



A bit later, they brought out tiered stands that had three layers of goodies! It blew my mind. And my stomach!

The top tier had scones including blueberry, pumpkin and I think cranberry, although I was too busy shoving the pumpkin scone in my mouth to notice the rest of them. Poor scones. I hope they didn't feel neglected.

The next tier had little sandwiches on them. SO many different kinds! There was a cucumber sandwich, hummus sandwhich, curried chicken, and so many more that I can't remember.

Probably because I zeroed in on the bottom tier which housed the desserts. There was an espresso chocolate chip cake, lots of butter cookies, chocolate mousse cups and lemon tarts.



We sat and talked and played games for several hours and this place was just so perfect to accomodate us! I can't wait to go back for brunch sometime! But until then, we've got a wedding to plan!

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute you all are! It sounded like a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I'm wanting some dainty sandwiches and cookies!

    ReplyDelete