Friday, December 4, 2009

Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Russian Tea Cakes/ Snowballs


Growing up I sure wasn't the baker that I am today. I, of course, enjoyed making cookies. I just didn't do it to the extent I do today (thank goodness or I fear I may have had some major problems!)

My favorite cookie used to be what my mom and I called Sandies. I have no idea where that name came from because ever since then, I have seen them called Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and recently Snowballs. We were just cool I guess and decided to give them our own name. I used to put chocolate chips in them and remember passing by the counter and popping one in my mouth every chance I got.

I came across the recipe the other day in my Betty Crocker Cookie Book and decided to see if they were still my favorite. Woo....I forgot how delicious they were, thats for sure! I opted to put shaved white chocolate in them, which I feel was a genius move. You couldn't really taste the white chocolate specifically but it definitely helped make the cookies melt in your mouth even more.

Mexican Wedding Cookies/Russian Tea Cakes/Snowballs/Sandies
Betty Crocker

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup shaved white chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour and salt followed by the shaved white chocolate.

Shape dough into 1-inch sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.

Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and roll in powdered sugar to cover. Let cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment