Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread Pancakes



So Saturday morning I'm minding my own business. Drinking coffee and rolling out Christmas cookies, when all of a sudden Annie Bananie says from the couch, "I want some pancakes."

I couldn't just blatantly ignore a plea for pancakes. That would be so out of character. So I said I would make her pancakes when I was done making cookies. And of course I couldn't just make regular pancakes. I made gingerbread pancakes! Brilliantly delicious. I also added chocolate chips because Annie Bananie wanted them. These were great pancakes. Perfect for a cold Saturday morning!


Gingerbread Pancakes
Baking Bites

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I used regular milk, but I think it would be better with buttermilk)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and spices. In a medium bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and molasses. Pour into dry ingredients until batter is well combined. Whisk in chocolate chips.

Heat a non-stick or lightly greased pan over medium high heat. Drop large dollops of batter to make 4-inch pancakes. Flip when edges begin to look dry. Cook until second side is golden. Serve with maple syrup and devour!

1 comment:

  1. OMG who is that girl eating your delicious pancakes???? Could that be Annie Banannie herself!

    ReplyDelete