Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baked French Toast


It's Annie Bananie's birthday week and I made her breakfast! Yay! 
Someone used to make me what I remember as a french toast casserole. It was kind of like a bread pudding. I asked for the recipe and tried my hand at it. The best part about this breakfast was that you make it the night before and then just pop it in the oven in the morning! And who can go wrong with bread and maple syrup?! Not me, thats for sure! 


When I make french toast, I usually use Challah bread because it is sweet and soft. I don't think it would work in this recipe, though because it would just get soggy. If you figure out how to make it happen, let me know please!


Baked French Toast

Ladyjaypee


1 dozen eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup maple syrup

1 loaf french bread, cubed

8 oz. cream cheese

1 teaspoon cinnamon


Lightly spray a 9 by 13 inch dish with cooking spray.


Whip together eggs, milk, maple syrup and cream cheese.


In prepared baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes.


Pour half the egg mixture over the bread cubes.


Add other half of bread cubes.


Pour the remainder of the egg mixture over bread cubes.


Sprinkle with cinnamon. 


Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Serve with maple syrup and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment