Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vanilla Cinnamon Peanut Butter



I have acquired quite the obsession with nut butters lately. I recently started making myself eat breakfast (I know, most important meal of the day, but its hard for me, so zip it!), and with this change I have been introduced into a wonderful world where nut butters fit in perfectly! 

Toast for breakfast? Add a dollup of peanut butter!

Oatmeal for breakfast? Add some almond butter!

Yogurt and granola for breakfast? A spoonful of Nutella!

It all just works out so perfectly. And, of course, I had to try making my own. The best part is that you can add whatever you want to it! I started with peanut butter, since it is supposedly the easiest one to start with. I added vanilla and cinnamon to give it a little punch and simply loved it! I have since made cashew butter as well. You do need to be patient with making nut butters, as they go through several stages while being processed. You must wait until it becomes creamy, and it does take longer than you think it will! So many possibilities to add! I can't wait to try many more combinations!



Vanilla Cinnamon Peanut Butter

16 oz. unsalted peanuts
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in food processor and blend for 10-15 minutes. Remove to a bell jar and keep in the refrigerator.

1 comment: