Monday, November 15, 2010

Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies


My favorite type of cookies are chewy and chunky. By chunky, I mean some type of chip is in there somewhere. Although I love all of the pumpkin cookies I have made thus far in my life, I am on a mission to find a chewy, as opposed to a soft, pumpkin cookie. These were a great start! Chewier than my previous pumpkin cookies and I loved the texture with the oatmeal in them. The pumpkin flavor in these is very subtle and most people couldn't put their finger on what flavor they were eating! And, of course, you can put any type of chip you would like in them. I personally love the combination of pumpkin and butterscotch, so that is what I usually stick with!



Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
Tasty Kitchen

2 cups flour
1 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncookied
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 whole egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in butterscotch chips.

Drop a heaping tablepoon of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes, until cookies are firm and lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. I am highly interested in these; although I love the soft ones, I prefer chewy too. They look mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete