Thursday, March 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Yes, I know. I have neglected my little blog here. And for that I am sorry! Lots of new stuff going on though, which is good, but leaves little for other outlets! The end of February was busy busy busy! I acquired two new jobs, both which I love and are a nice transition from dancing from me (which I am still doing when I can). Spice and I also moved, but just downstairs in our apartment complex to a two-person apartment. 

Needless to say, very little time and mental capacity for blogging! Which means my blogging style is probably going to change and you will be seeing less posts. I thought about whether I wanted to continue the blog and ultimately decided that I love having all my favorite recipes in one electronic place, with my thoughts on how I liked it. That being said, I will not only be baking less, but probably wont blog unless something is outstanding! Which I mostly do anyways since I would never want to share a less than stellar recipe!



I was craving a peanut butter cookie a few weeks ago and these were definitely a great find! I loved the hearty combo of the oats and peanut butter and the subtle chocolate that comes through too!



Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Eyed Baker

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back- I understand stepping back a little bit. Those cookies look really good, and great photos! Love the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting FOREVER for this next post!!!!! Please don't stop!!!

    ReplyDelete