Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chewy Coconut Cookies



These are definitely a new favorite cookie. They are super chewy and quite delicious with the coconut. I will certainly be making these again!

Chewy Coconut Cookies
allrecipes.com

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.

4 comments:

  1. how can they be your fave cookie, they have no chocolate in them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make these. They sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these yesterday. I put a handful of chocolate chips in them. Yum! Your photo looks better than mine because, as usual, I probably overbaked them. (But slurp! Wiping cookie crumbs from face.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh- I LOVE these cookies too- I made them like 4 or 5 years ago twice and haven't done it again. Maybe they will be the next cookies I make. I remember them being so gosh-darn chewy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete