Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip



I'm still behind in posting holiday recipes, but this is another one I made at home. I made this after a particularly long run and between my parents and I, we almost demolished the entire thing! Perfect cold day-cuddle up and watch movies dip. Or the Superbowl. Or a super PMS-y day. Wow, are those two conflicting days or what?!



The dips is the perfect blend of spicy and cheesy. We went the healthier route and dipped vegetables in and we used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery and jicama (a fun new veggie for me that I now LOVE!). 



Jalapeno Popper Dip
Eating, Etc. 

8oz Neufchatel or Tofutti cream cheese substitute, at room temperature
1/2 cup mayo
1/2c cheddar cheese, grated (goat cheddar cheese)
1/2c parmigiano reggiano (goat romano cheese)
4oz can chopped jalapenos, drained
1/4c panko bread crumbs
1/4c parmigiano reggiano

1) Mix Neufchatel, mayo, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and transfer to baking dish.

2) In a small bowl, mix panko bread crumbs with parmigiano reggiano, and sprinkle over the dip.

3) Bake, uncovered, at 375°F until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. This stuff is really addictive, and the fresh veggies look so good with it. Unfortunately, I always go the CHIPS route. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make this for a Super Bowl party! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look wonderful, and so easy! Perfect for watching football, or my choice, a sappy chick-flick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these pics with your new camera?? They look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a huge hit at the party, btw. I love the Tofutti cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out amazing. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete