Monday, January 3, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



Sweet potato fries. Obsessed. I really can never get enough of these guys. At a restaurant, if these are on the menu, I will order them. No questions asked. Sweet or savory, you really can go no wrong with sweet potato fries. These home made guys were just as good too! I gobbled them right up all by myself.



Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Annie's Eats

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil greased with cooking spray.

Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into long spears.  (Soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes before continuing for crispy texture outside.  Drain well and pat dry.)  Place the potato spears on the sheet pan and toss with olive oil.  Spread them in a single layer.  Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes.  Bake for 15 minutes, then turn with a spatula or tongs.  Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.  Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. ...I need to make these RIGHT NOW! I love sweet potato fries. Probably too much. I might need an intervention. Yum!

    ReplyDelete