Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blackberry Frozen Yogurt



This was a great addition to my ice cream arsenal! With a few blackberries to use up, frozen yogurt was the perfect choice! It brought back summer memories from childhood for me, standing in line at the waterpark.

This frozen yogurt was very tart with both the blackberries and yogurt. But tart is good with frozen yogurt! I think the chocolate chips were a great addition too, but I just love a little crunch in my ice cream! This one was very creamy, almost like an actual ice cream, but used just yogurt.

Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Adapted from Erin Cooks

2 cups fat free Fage yogurt
1 cup full fat Fage yogurt
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups blackberries
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Puree the blackberries in a food processor and than strain through a fine mesh sieve to separate the liquid from the seeds. Stir 1 tablespoon of sugar into the berry puree and also refrigerate for 1 hour.

Thoroughly combine the frozen yogurt base with the berry puree and freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Pour in the chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of churning.

1 comment:

  1. My fave flavor at the frozen yogurt place is the "tart"--I need to try your recipe because I spend way too much money at that place! What a beautiful color it turned out!

    ReplyDelete