Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Salad



This was an easy and delicious salad. I just love when basic, but delicious foods and flavors come to together! I added the jalapeno at the final second and was so glad I did because it added a little kick to it! I served this as a side to fish, but I used the leftovers as a salad add-in for my lunches the rest of the week, which worked out just perfectly!

Black Bean and Corn Salad

1 can black beans, drained
2 cups corn kernels (fresh if possible)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 jalapano, seeded and diced
1 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil

Combine the beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, jalapano and cilantro in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice and olive oil. Spread dressing over vegetables and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment