Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mediterranean Orzo Salad



There's nothing like making a huge batch of pasta to have for lunches all week long. And this Orzo Salad did just the trick. In fact, I had more than was enough for a weeks worth of lunches! I love most foods Greek/Mediterranean so I knew I would like this one which has a great addition of vegetables. I'd never had orzo before, but what a unique little pasta! This would really be good with any kind of pasta and I may try penne next time. This recipe would be great for a picnic or another potluck-type gathering.

I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen, a great resource for new recipes!

Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Tasty Kitchen
  • 16 ounces, weight Orzo Pasta

  • 1 whole Red Pepper, Chopped

  • 1 whole Medium Tomato Chopped

  • ½ cups Kalamata Olives, Chopped

  • 1 cup Fresh Spinach, Finely Chopped

  • ½ cups Fresh Basil, Finely Chopped

  • ½ cups Feta Crumbles

  • 1 dash Salt

  • 1 dash Pepper

  • ½ cups Olive Oil

  • ½ cups Balsamic Vinegar

  • Cook orzo according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, toss pasta with chopped bell pepper, tomato, olives, spinach, basil and feta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Pour over pasta vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Chill before serving.

    3 comments:

    1. What a beautiful salad--and I love everything in it!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks, Linda! It certainly made my skirt fly up! =)

      ReplyDelete