Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grilled Swordfish Kabobs



As a kid, I was the epitome of a picky eater. And it didn't end there. My picky eating carried itself all the way through my college years. Thankfully, common sense prevailed and I have since become quite an adventurous eater!

I called my family while we were making these swordfish kabobs and they thought it was the funniest thing that I was eating swordfish! And I have to say, I have been begging Spice for months to help me make it!

Luckily, last weekend, after a lovely day at the beach, we went to the seafood store and picked out some perfect swordfish steaks to help us usher in Shark Week on The Discovery Channel.



These were very easy to make. I made the dip in about 3 minutes, and the only prep for the swordfish was to cut it into cubs and stick it on a skewer with a little salt and pepper. Spice used her grill pan and these were on there for about 10 or 15 minutes until they were perfectly cooked.

I can't wait to make this again. Next time, to make it even easier, I think I'll just stick the steaks themselves on the grill and then top it with the sauce when they come off!



Swordfish Kebabs with Orange Basil Sauce
Cooking Light June 2010

 1 orange
2 cups basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 ½ pounds swordfish, cut into 1-inch pieces

Prepare grill (or grill pan) or medium-high heat. Squeeze orange juice to extract ¼ cup juice. Combine orange juice, basil leaves, olive oil and garlic cloves in a mini chopper; add ¼ teaspoon salt. Process basil leaf mixture until finely chopped. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper evenly over fish; thread fish onto 4 (12-inch) skewers leaving a little space between the swordfish pieces for even cooking. Grill fish 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Drizzle fish with sauce, or serve sauce separately.

7 comments:

  1. Well hello there...we might be relatives (if you check out my blog name). Nice site. Your recipes look great and your pics are beautifully done. I have to ask, on your jam bottles a couple of posts ago, where did you get those fabulous lids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but perfect sauce. I love the way you are presenting the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] para el famoso pesto, que se hace a base de aceite, albahaca y ajo). Esta vez haremos una salsa de albahaca y naranja, que tendrá un toque agridulce y que irá muy bien para acompañar cualquier tipo de carne hecha a [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] para el famoso pesto, que se hace a base de aceite, albahaca y ajo). Esta vez haremos una salsa de albahaca y naranja, que tendrá un toque agridulce y que irá muy bien para acompañar cualquier tipo de carne hecha a [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. buenisima la salsa de albahaca y naranja, tienen una forma de que reciba las recetas por mi mail, son realmente excelentes, saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, so glad you like the site. I ordered the jars and lids from Fillmore Container Company Inc. They have cute designs and are super affordable. Happy Jarring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] imabonehead: Swordfish Kebabs with Orange Basil Sauce (everythingnicebysugarandspice.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete