Monday, May 16, 2011

Donuts



I got a donut pan for my birthday a few months ago (thanks Kali!) and just haaaad to make some donuts with them. I chose some very basic donuts for my first go-round.


The donut pan is perfect. I think you can fill the holes with most muffin mixes and they will come out as a donut! Pretty sweet if you ask me!


I sprinkled some chocolate chips on the top of a few as well as some flaked coconut. Both were delicious and a fun surprise for the donuts.

I dipped the glazed part in some chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, which would make them very fun for kids!


Donuts

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon shortening

Glaze:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons hot water
Sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lightly grease the doughnut pan. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and shortening. Beat together until well blended.

Fill each donut cup approximately 3/4 cup full. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.

To make glaze, blend confectioners' sugar and hot water in a small bowl. Dip donuts in the glaze and dip into sprinkles if desired.

1 comment: