Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pumpkin Bean Dip



I can't believe Christmas is 3 days away. I'm going to play a little game upon my return to NY called lets see how long I can keep the Christmas tree up in our apartment. Shhhh....don't tell Spice.

In other news, I fly home to the Pacific Northwest tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family. It has been a year since I've been home and I am SO excited to see the parentals and enjoy some PNW time. Also, new running scenery. Gets me everytime =) I've got several long runs planned...lets just hope the rain stays away!

I made this as an appetizer of sorts at some point in the last few weeks. I feel in love with the dip! Very hummus-like, but with pumpkin! How genius is that?! I enjoyed this with carrots and some crackers but it would be good with any veggie or toasted baguette. Definitely recommend for Christmas-time noshing!

Pumpkin Bean Dip
Fannetastic Food 

  • 1 C (overflowing) canned pumpkin

  • 1 C black beans (rinsed)

  • 1/2 C cannellini beans (rinsed)

  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

  • 2 cloves garlic

  • juice from 2 lemons

  • 1/2 tsp cumin (this totally made the dip!)

  • 1/4 tsp salt

  • 1/4 tsp pepper




Toss all ingredients in a food processor. Serve with veggies and chips or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment