Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups



I really don't have a recipe for this. I saw the idea on a blog that I can't remember and figured I could just go by feel with these. I encourage you to do the same! The best part about them is that you can use whatever chocolate you'd like! I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips, but you could go with Nestle or even some great high-end stuff! You can also choose your filling. I used peanut butter and Nutella, but you can really use whatever you'd like. I really love these and have kept them in my freezer, pulling one out when I want a punch of chocolate and peanut butter!

Peanut Butter Cups

1 package of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1-2 spoonfuls of coconut oil
Peanut butter

Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. Pour a small amount into the bottom of a mini muffin pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to let set.

Remove and place a dollop of peanut butter into each cup. Fill with remaining melted chocolate until the peanut butter disappears. repeat with each cup.

Place back in the freezer until set, about 30 minutes. Remove from the muffin cups and enjoy! I store these in the freezer, but you can also store them in the fridge!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of these--not mixing the filling with sugar or any other kinds of fillers--and the use of coconut oil! They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! And they still taste better than the original! So much less processed!

    ReplyDelete