Monday, March 30, 2009

Rosemary Salmon and Pan Seared Veggies


As you know, Sugar is on a baking binge. It is all she ever wants to do! The result of this are now showing on my waistline, something that I will now be trying to battle in my side of the blog.

Rosemary Salmon is a dish inspired by a recipe I found a popular diet book (some beach or another). I have made some changes and added a veggie side dish to help complete the meal.

Rosemary Oil
1/4 cup Olive Oil*
2 Tbsp. copped fresh Rosemary
1.5 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 clove of garlic, crushed
salt

Mix all ingredients and let seep in an airtight container as long as possible (I'm talking overnight, or longer)

Let Salmon come to room temperature. Rub 2/3 of Rosemary Oil over both sides of fish and let sit. Heat your grill pan, and oil it (there should be enough oil on the fish but we don't want to take chances).

In a separate skillet heat heat the remaining Rosemary Oil and a Tbsp. of butter. Once melted, Get your Veggie On! Chop any and all of your favorite veggies into similar sized pieces (I used Asparagus, Yellow Pepper, Red Onion, Garlic, and Shallots), and sautee uncovered until soft with a slight bite.

Once your grill pan is nice and hot get your Salmon on there but pay close attention. My fillets were about 3/4 of an inch and took about 3-4 minutes on each side. (For those of you who don't have a grill pan, you can achieve the same outcome by broiling for the same amount of time, just keep an eye on it!)

The end result was simply delicious, and just the meal needed after a sugar binge.

3 comments:

  1. hmmmmm, ok that looks really good. I love the food blog idea! And I'm happy to be a test subject anytime... especially when I'm uneployed and have nothing better to do than eat your food... or cook for you while you two ladies slave away at work!? :) yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that looks sooooooooooooo good! Will you cook for me when you come visit? -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I love infused oils (and infused vodkas!).

    ReplyDelete